1920s, Griffon 60, CarboMagnetic

IMG_2640.jpg
IMG_2647.jpg
IMG_2664.jpg
IMG_2640.jpg
IMG_2647.jpg
IMG_2664.jpg

1920s, Griffon 60, CarboMagnetic

135.00

Founded in 1888 by Albert L. Silberstein the Griffon Cutlery Works relocated to West 19th St. New York, New York in 1920 and remained in business until 1968.  This Griffon 60, CarboMagnetic is ground from German steel likely in the company's branch found in Solingen.  This CarboMagnetic razor has been brought to a mirror polish and wears little patina while preserving the "CarboMagnetic" trademark engraved on the blade's face. 

Scales were handcrafted from pink Kirinite with purple glow powder.  It felt appropriate to match a blade with such a characteristic engraving with scales that stand out in one's shave den. The pink is accompanied by brass pins which hold a cream colored acrylic wedge.

The cutthroat's use-able shave edge measures 3 inches with a blade width of 6/8 inches. Grind quality is half hollow with a square point great for precision grooming or for providing a very smooth and clean shave.

This razor will arrive at your home shave ready and sterilized. 

Happy Shaving!

Add To Cart